Tuesday, October 6

We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled...we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo...we danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper...

Halloween is right around the corner, and I am uber stoked for everything spooky that is going on. This is also going to be the first year I spend it celebrating instead of working in....oh...five years? Can't be sure.

This has been a peculiar month, as well. With all the trouble over Whisper's leg, fixing it up, to the trip down to jersey...things are changing rapidly. Everything keeps changing, and I always wonder if it is for the best. Won't know until we get there! But that often takes too long.

World's Fair is...not slowing down...but it is settling in. Everything has become steady and we don't seem to be flooded anymore. Unless Mach-daddy is flooded, and just not notifying us. But then again, he is running several events at once.

You know what sucks? I came here with the intent of putting something substantial down, and all I can produce are vague notions and phrases. Damn.

Maybe it's time I posted about Steampunk again? I've been putting it off, with everything that has happened. Plus I have turned my attention towards other things. I really need to put something substantial down on Steampunk. Or will I be as misguided and pretentious as other Steampunk 'mainfestos' out there?
I guess I can at least sum one thing up here. We've been discussing Neo-Victorianism and Steampunk, and have come to the conclusion that Steampunk is industrial at it's core. That tends to overlap with Neo-Victorianism, but does not limit it to Victorian era only. At least, in our eyes. It also makes it a global thing. My most common argument with people who claim Steampunk is only British, or that we are 'Too American' is that "We had the industrial revolution too, you know!"
But that's another rant for another day...

Hopefully I can post more substantial and relivent things here. But I guess I am rather bad at that. Lets see if we can't fix that problem, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past Trasmissions

Allies